Welcome to Windermere Alpacas & Llamas farm tours.
We are located just 15 minutes south of Milton and 40 minutes south of Dunedin in a beautiful scenic valley just off SH1 & SH8.
Windermere, a working alpaca and llama farm, is home to approximately 190 alpacas and 50 llamas of all ages, ranging from babies (cria) through to our old herd matriarchs.
Tours When you take part in our guided farm tour you will
- meet and learn about our friendly llamas and curious alpacas
- enjoy our relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- walk amongst the alpacas & llamas in their paddocks
- experience the beauty of our picturesque valley with many stunning views
- have unique photo opportunities
Visit our on farm shop where there is alpaca yarn, products & garments for sale
Tours last 1 to 1.5 hours and are available any day of the week, strictly by appointment. This is a working farm, so you will need to come dressed for the outdoors, including strong enclosed shoes. Don’t forget to bring your camera. Our tours are suitable for all ages.
Opening hours: tour times
- 10.30am (1030 hours),
- 1pm (1300 hours)
- 3.30pm (1530 hours).
As we are a working farm booking is essential (see form below).
- $25 per person
- Children 5-12 years - $12 per child
- Preschool children are free
If you would like more information about our alpaca & llama farm tours or wish to make a booking for a tour please complete the form below. We look forward to welcoming you to our farm
Cash only sales as we do not currently have EFTPOS facilities
Farm Tour Photos.
To book a farm tour please use this form: