Windermere Farm Tours & Photos
We are located just 15 minutes south of Milton and 40 minutes south of Dunedin in a beautiful scenic valley just off SH1 & SH8.
Windermere, a working alpaca and llama farm, is home to approximately 190 alpacas and 50 llamas of all ages, ranging from babies (cria) through to our old herd matriarchs.
The Farm Tours
When you take part in our guided farm tour you will
- meet and learn about our friendly llamas and curious alpacas
- enjoy our relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- walk among the alpacas & llamas in their paddocks
- experience the beauty of our picturesque valley with many stunning views
- have unique photo opportunities Check out the photos below!
Visit our on farm shop where there is alpaca yarn, products & garments for sale
Tours last 1 to 1.5 hours and are available any day of the week, strictly by appointment. This is a working farm, so you will need to come dressed for the outdoors, including strong enclosed shoes. Don’t forget to bring your camera. Our tours are suitable for all ages.
Farm Tour Times:
- 10:30am (10:30 hours),
- 1:00pm (13:00 hours)
- 3:30pm (15:30 hours).
As we are a working farm, booking is essential (see form opposite).
- $25 per person
- Children 5-12 years – $12 per child
- Preschool children are free
Cash only sales as we do not currently have EFTPOS facilities.
Please fill in this form to make a booking enquiry. We will reply as soon as possible to confirm. If you would like more information about our alpaca & llama farm tours please contact us.
We look forward to your visit!
Windermere Alpaca and Llamas
Brenda and Stewart McLean
759 Adams Flat Road
R.D. 2 Milton 9292
Mobile: 022 323 6411
Phone: 03 417 7460